Multidesk.be » Forums » Games » Delta Force 1 (gesloten)

Helpinformatie
Dit onderwerp bevindt zich in het archief.
Het is bijgevolg niet mogelijk er nog op te reageren.
  • Pagina
  • 1 van 1
  • RSS
  • Eerste ongelezen reactie
  • Plaats een reactie
  • Abonneer mij
  • Onderwerp sluiten
0 gasten lezen dit onderwerp.
^ Onderwerp geschreven door een gast op maandag 2 augustus 2004 om 21:42:06.
  • Bewerken
  • Citeren
  • Reageren
  • Verwijderen
  • Waarschuw een crewlid
Hello

It was by luck I came across this website. I am a df1 player and am unable to connect because of an \"update error\":

\"FTP_ERR: Server response 550 / pub/patches/dfrevc/us: Access is denied (49 bytes) \"

Does anyone know how to fix this? I read mention of a similar problem in the games forum. Does anyone here have an answer in English? I know it is a long shot, but I figured I\'d try....

-Beginners Luck
DF1 Player
^ Reactie #1 geschreven door Martijn op maandag 2 augustus 2004 om 21:57:00.
Martijn heeft nog geen avatar toegevoegd
Multiviteit: 13785
Beheerder
  • Bewerken
  • Citeren
  • Reageren
  • Verwijderen
  • Waarschuw een crewlid
Hello,
alltough this website is meant to be for dutch speaking audience, we'll try to help you anyway :)

You're not the only one who has troubles updating a game via the auto-update function in the game itself. Now, most of the time, the problem is solved by downloading and/or installing the patch via another medium (CD, website, etc).

So I'd suggest you take a look here, try to download the latest patch and install it. This way, we'll bypass the auto-update function and you should be able to play an updated game :)
Deze tekst werd het laatst bewerkt door Martijn op maandag 2 augustus 2004 om 22:28:15.
Met vriendelijke groeten,
Martijn Wouters
^ Reactie #2 geschreven door een gast op maandag 2 augustus 2004 om 21:59:37.
  • Bewerken
  • Citeren
  • Reageren
  • Verwijderen
  • Waarschuw een crewlid
I already tried to run the update through another link. The game still will not connect. I don't know why.
^ Reactie #3 geschreven door Martijn op maandag 2 augustus 2004 om 22:12:56.
Beheerder
  • Bewerken
  • Citeren
  • Reageren
  • Verwijderen
  • Waarschuw een crewlid
What error do you get and when do you get it? Are you trying to use the update function in the game itself or do you get this error while loading a game?
Do you you use a legal serial number?
Martijn Wouters
^ Reactie #4 geschreven door een gast op zondag 8 augustus 2004 om 18:01:04.
  • Bewerken
  • Citeren
  • Reageren
  • Verwijderen
  • Waarschuw een crewlid
Dear All-Knowing-Responder-To-My-Pleas,

OK, nevermind about the update. I fixed it. The update is now installed and working. I still cannot connect, but I know why. I have a hub router with my cable connection. I heard that it is possible to go around the router through a port (or something like that). I have the port number from the website but I don't know where to go from there. What do I do with the port number? Order a part from a store? Change some number on my computer? Reconfigure my modem? If it is reconfiguration, I do not know how to do that....

Hopeless,

Beginners Luck
Former DF1 Player
^ Reactie #5 geschreven door Martijn op zondag 8 augustus 2004 om 19:18:30.
Beheerder
  • Bewerken
  • Citeren
  • Reageren
  • Verwijderen
  • Waarschuw een crewlid
You'll have to set the firewall in your hub/router (or the one which is installed on your pc ;)) to allow incoming and outgoing connections on that port. Most of the times, you can surf to your router and set up everything there. There isn't a general rule. Try to look in the documentation of your router, there should be a reference or something there to that webbased interface of your router which allows you to manage connections and things :)
Martijn Wouters
  • Pagina
  • 1 van 1
  • RSS
  • Eerste ongelezen reactie
  • Plaats een reactie
  • Abonneer mij
  • Onderwerp sluiten